- The Numbers mapping function was added; input notes are mapped to one of seven tonal palettes, each consisting of four scale tones.
- The harmonizer settings were moved to their own page within the Parts bar.
- The chord bar's drop lists were blank if a message box was displayed during initialization; fixed.
- The chord bar's root and bass drop lists behaved erratically if the song was transposed; fixed.
- Chord editing didn't account for song transposition and showed untransposed root and bass notes; fixed.
- The chord bar's bass drop list failed to update when the bass note was changed via the view or a MIDI controller; fixed.
- Key-appropriate accidentals are now shown in the chord bar, view context menus, and insert chord dialog.
- Changing the scale or mode via MIDI didn't update the chord dictionary dialog; fixed.
- Parts can be grouped to prevent voice collisions in multi-part harmonizations.
- The harmonizer can optionally be constrained to a variable set of chord tones.
- A part can now send Bank Select messages in addition to a Patch Change message.
- The Piano dialog's keys can optionally be colored to show input note velocities, or to show scale tones mapped to a rainbow palette linearly or in thirds.
- The Piano dialog's key labels can optionally show numeric input note velocities.
- The Output Notes bar's keys can optionally be colored to show output note velocities.
- The Note Mapping Properties dialog now includes the part's enable setting.
- Note Mapping Properties are accessible via the Parts List's context menu or Alt+Enter.
- The Note Mapping Properties dialog could display negative port values; fixed.
- The Output Notes bar was potentially exceeding the bounds of the key array; fixed.
- The Piano dialog was inconsistently showing auto play notes; fixed.
- Showing the Piano dialog highlighted all active notes, instead of only those notes that matched the dialog's input port and channel settings; fixed.
- Showing the Piano dialog via its main menu mnemonic reset the note corresponding to the shortcut 'P', if any; fixed.
- In the Piano dialog, selecting a context menu item via its mnemonic reset the note corresponding to that mnemonic, if any; fixed.
- The Previous Pane (Shift+F6) command was getting stuck on the Chord Bar; fixed.
- MIDI devices with multiple input or output ports are handled better, and devices which are present but swapped (e.g. plugged into different USB ports) are now located.
- Adaptive arpeggios now support repeat.
- The Output Notes bar now has key label options to display intervals or scale tones.
- The Output Notes bar's Rotate Labels setting wasn't persisting correctly; fixed.
- The user interface was lagging behind chord changes by up to 50ms; fixed.
- Chord substitution is now supported, via switching between different chord dictionaries.
- A chord toolbar was added, with drop lists and MIDI targets for the current chord's root, type, bass, scale and mode.
- In the MIDI Assignments dialog, a "Properties" command was added that lets you edit the properties of multiple MIDI assignments at once; it's accessible via the context menu or Alt+Enter. A similar properties command was added to the MIDI Note Mappings dialog.
- MIDI targets were added for Bass/Lowest Note and Comp/Chord Resets Alternation.
- The tap tempo button wasn't being highlighted during MIDI learn; fixed.
- The Next and Previous Chord commands now respect sections and support tagging.
- The chord dictionary dialog no longer has an Apply button, because dictionary changes now take effect immediately.
- Deleting all chord types from the chord dictionary could cause an access violation; fixed.
- Editing the chord dictionary was silently reverting all song edits, without updating the chart view; fixed.
- After reordering the chord dictionary, undoing a song edit could scramble the song's chord types; fixed.
- Reordering the chord dictionary could cause song chords previously copied to the clipboard to become invalid, and pasting them could crash the app; fixed.
- The chart view now supports navigation via the Tab and Shift+Tab keys.
- In the print preview, chord symbols had incorrect character spacing and appeared horizontally squashed, drastically so for larger font sizes; fixed.
- In a printed chart, the grid lines were too narrow to be reliably visible; fixed.
- In a printed chart, the chart is now horizontally centered on the printed page.
- Disabling the "Always record" option caused an "unamed file" error after recording MIDI data with no song open; fixed.
- Pressing the Alt key was stealing focus from child dialogs; fixed.
- Dockbar controls were retaining focus after the bar was hidden; fixed.
- Add dynamic looping AKA tagging: tag length, tag repeat count, and start tag.
- Add tap tempo; set the tempo via tapping.
- Add option to adapt arpeggios to chord changes; fix unplayed arpeggio notes that would otherwise clash with the new chord.
- Add a chord dictionary editor, supporting the standard editing commands.
- Allow comp chord sizes other than triads and tetrachords.
- Optionally fix duplicate notes in a recording's output MIDI file, by deferring note off commands until the note has zero instances.
- MIDI chase now shows the target page even if the target parameter is unchanged.
- In the MIDI assignments dialog, add a column to show the controller's current value, updated dynamically.
- Prematurely ending a one-shot arpeggio turns off notes that weren't played; fixed.
- Next chord and previous chord commands have the same mnemonic; fixed.
- Ending a part MIDI target edit by selecting a different part applies the edit to the wrong part; fixed.
- Any part edit followed by deselecting all parts and then undoing causes a crash; fixed.
- Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Backspace shortcuts don't work if an edit control has focus; fixed.
- MIDI target dialog's column widths don't persist; introduced in 1.0.07, fixed.
- Alt+A mnemonic doesn't work correctly in property pages; fixed.
- Attempting to assign a MIDI controller that's already assigned now triggers a warning.
- A column was added to the MIDI assignments dialog to indicate shared controllers.
- The output notes bar now supports custom piano sizes, via its context menu.
- If a grid control isn't already editing, pressing Tab now edits the first item within the grid control's current row.
- Pressing Tab in the parts list was causing the list to lose focus; fixed.
- The record player's position slider didn't work for positions greater than approximately 11 minutes; fixed.
- In the record player's position slider, the left/right arrows now change the position by 1% of the recording's length, instead of a millisecond which was too little to be useful.
- If the help window and the piano dialog were visible, and the piano dialog had focus, exiting the app would cause a crash; fixed.
- Since version 1.0.09, the tempo shown in the status bar wasn't being scaled by the tempo multiple anymore; fixed.
- ChordEase can now synchronize to MIDI clocks from an external device.
- ChordEase can now output MIDI clocks and sequencer control messages.
- A non-diatonic notes rule was added that outputs scale tones in cycle of thirds order.
- A command was added to transpose the selected chords (Edit/Transpose).
- A command was added to change the length of the selected chords (Edit/Length).
- Changing the time signature via File/Properties now updates the chord durations.
- The song text editor (File/Edit) now supports find and replace.
- In Vista/7/8, the MIDI input callback thread's priority is now raised to reduce latency.
- The threads dialog was failing to update itself and showing stale data; fixed.
- The bass trigger button wasn't being highlighted in MIDI learn mode; fixed.
- The metronome page now shows the output device name.
- The context-sensitive help is complete.
- Impro-Visor lead sheet (.ls) files are supported.
- The chord dictionary supports aliases.
- A Reset Filters command was added to the MIDI Input/Output dialog's context menu.
- A Go To command was added to the Transport menu; it jumps to the specified position.
- The Section Properties dialog now allows the section's Start and Length to be edited.
- The various folder dialogs now set the initial directory.
- The Output Notes bar's Port popup menu now shows the output device names.
- Local off wasn't sent until a song was opened; fixed.
- Showing the MIDI Input/Output dialog was resetting the device/port filter; fixed.
- The status bar initially didn't show the song position after a song was opened; fixed.
- The chart view didn't update after opening a patch that changed global tranpose; fixed.
- Parts list editing commands are now enabled only when the parts list has focus.
- The MIDI target lists were refactored to use a standard grid control.
- The MIDI target lists now show the current controller values for assigned targets.
- A MIDI learn target can now be selected by clicking its dialog control if it has one.
- MIDI learn now supports learning a part's input port and channel, simplifying setup.
- Setting a bass approach target crashed the app if the song was empty; fixed.
- Double-clicking a patch file in Explorer started the app but didn't load the patch; fixed.
- Renaming a measure repeat or a multi-chord selection behaved unexpectedly; fixed.
- Duplicate chords were being merged even if they were in different sections; fixed.
- List control tool tips were incorrectly positioned; fixed.
- Recording now works while stopped, allowing rubato performances to be recorded.
- Added built-in player for MIDI recordings, with support for multiple output devices.
- Added controller target for input note velocity.
- MIDI Input/Output bars now optionally show controller names; enable via context menu.
- Auto-rewind is now optional; it's set via Transport menu.
- Changing song position via Next Chord and similar now optionally corrects held notes.
- Shift+F10 wasn't showing context menu in some sizing bars; fixed.
- MIDI Input/Output bars weren't updating device names on device change; fixed.
- Input note controller failed if its device and/or channel differed from part's; fixed.
- Song editing via chart view was removing comments from song file; fixed.
- Song properties dialog now allows entry and editing of comments.
- Auto-record was sometimes generating incorrect titles; fixed.
- Undocking a control bar could crash app if song was empty; fixed.
- Added output notes bar.
- Added continuous controller for input note.
- Replace bass chromatic checkbox with non-diatonic notes combo.
- Dragging all chords out of a section fails; fixed.
- Patch document has incorrect icon; hopefully fixed.
- The song can now be editing directly in the chart view, instead of editing it as text.
- The song and the patch now have separate undo histories.
- Dragging a patch file from Explorer failed, as did specifying it via the command line; fixed.
- The installer now registers the patch file type.
- The piano can now show scale tones only.
Note that the auto-update feature will not work for this version. Please completely uninstall the previous version, and then install this one. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- The piano keys can now show chord tones and tensions; set via context menu.
- The MIDI Device bar now includes the state (open or closed) of each device.
- A MIDI Note Mappings dialog was added; it shows how input is mapped to output.
- The song file extension was changed from .txt to .ces to avoid conflicts.
- The data folder path can now be changed, via the options dialog.
- The lead-in was only being done if the song was at the beginning; fixed.
- With repeat off, the app wasn't stopping at the end of the song; fixed.
- Added virtual piano, so notes can be triggered via mouse or computer's keyboard.
- Optionally display current note mapping on virtual piano.
- Added tool tips for all patch and part controls.
- Added commands for next and previous chord, allowing rubato playing.
- Chart view now indicates sections.
- Song position can now be set via MIDI.
- Section repeat was causing bass approach to get stuck; fixed.
- Added toolbar button for next section command.
- Harmonic anticipation and bass approach caused wrong notes near end of section; fixed.
- In MIDI Input and Output views, added context menu item to clear MIDI event history.
- In MIDI assignments dialog, items initially weren't correctly sorted; fixed.
- After editing song while playing, if first chord was invalid, app would crash; fixed.
This update fixes a chord dictionary not found error and some other issues.
- Non-admin users were getting a chord dictionary not found error. Fixed.
- The MIDI device name is now shown on part's Input and Output pages.
- The check for updates feature is now optional.
- Comments are now allowed in song files.
This is the initial release.